Day 17: Romans 7:7-25
Read Romans 7:7-25
As you read consider -
- What stood out for you in this reading?
- What is God saying about what He has done, is doing or will do?
- How does the actions of God affect you and live with others?
- What questions does the reading bring up for you?
Pastor Richard's reflection
In verses 21-25 God says through St Paul
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
In this reading we are encouraged to see that:
- the law helps us to see what is sinful
- as Christians we are often conflicted we are drawn to disobeying the law and drawn to following the law
- following the law will not save us because we can not always keep the law
- the solution to our failures in keeping the law is to rely on the actions of Jesus who rescues us from sin, death and the power of Satan
- How does Romans 7:7-25 affect how you see God, yourself, and how you see and will interact with others?
- What does Romans 7:7-25 call you to talk to God (pray) about? (Thanksgiving, more insight, help, forgiveness...)
- What do you think is worthwhile sharing with someone from what God has told you in Romans 7:7-25?
Comments
Post a Comment